For any student, MBA (Master in Business Administration) is one of the best postgraduate degrees to obtain due to its diverse applicability and need in most sectors of any economy. An MBA degree will provide you with the required skills to keep your company intact and reach new heights.
The MBA degree opens doors to employment in various sectors and will also help you run a business. For proper evaluation of your desire to pursue an MBA degree in the USA, let’s begin by answering some basic questions.
What is an MBA degree?
MBA stands for Master in Business Administration and is a general post-graduate business degree meant to teach business principles and develop leadership, management and technical skills in its students.
MBA is the ideal option for you if you want to accelerate your career or become an entrepreneur, or change career paths. This degree equips you with the skills needed in real life and can be applied in diverse situations that may come up during the course of your employment or running business.
Why Should You Choose MBA?
MBA is the right degree for you if you want to gain flexibility and develop valued skills by all employers. This degree provides you with a few of the most demanded skills in the current employment scenario. It gives you a choice to transition into a new career, or start a new business or provide an advantage to you in your current job.
In most cases, an MBA degree is required for executive and senior management positions. Companies often won’t even consider applicants without MBA degrees. The industry experts say that an MBA degree provides the degree-holders with the required skills to prosper in those positions since they can quickly process large amounts of information and develop innovative and effective solutions.
Additionally, graduate business degrees make you more sought-after and increase your chances of getting employed.
How Long Does it Take to Get an MBA Degree?
The time required for your MBA degree differs according to the program you choose. On average, full-time MBA degrees take 18 months to complete, and EMBAs take 20 months, whereas 26 months is required for a professional MBA degree that gives the options to complete the degree online or do it part-time.
Most applicants prefer to enrol on Full-time programs that include in-person classes and coursework. However, the choice differs with different students.
Why Should You Do MBA in the USA?
An MBA program in the USA generally takes two years to complete. The course includes real-world examples and case studies discussions with the option of taking internships. These programs have a standardised test before enrollment.
The test results should also be accompanied by a statement of purpose, a well-tailored resume and letters of recommendation for getting into a well-renowned college.
The USA is the largest economic superpower in the World and provides ample opportunities for students with an MBA degree.
The USA is the most sought-after destination for students pursuing a global MBA degree. Home to 50% of the world’s best business school, having an MBA degree from a top US university is a dream come true for most students. However, the state-of-the-art infrastructure, world-class education and vast career options come at a hefty cost for many.
The US is the largest MBA market in the world, with over 1,25,000 MBA graduates annually. A large number of graduates surprisingly does not congest the job market due to the large scale economy.
Many factors make the US such a dream destination for pursuing an MBA program:
- High Quality of Education with Industry Experts: the MBA programs present in the USA provide theoretical knowledge and prepare the students for real-life situations. Through many training programs and internships that are often complementary to the programs, universities of the US give the students experiences that are not available in any other country.
- Better Chances of a Good Job: the large scale economy present in the US provides much more job opportunities, and having an MBA degree from a reputed B-School of the US increases your chances of getting selected by top firms since many of these companies exclusively pick out employees from prestigious schools.
- Existence of a multicultural environment: Almost all of the Top B-schools in the US prefer a multicultural environment on their campus. The US is a centre for educational immigration globally, which means you will find people of many diverse cultures studying alongside you.
This kind of environment will broaden your perspective and allow you to work in various work environments with ease. Studying in a multicultural environment also provides the student with his/her problem-solving abilities and allows the use of different tactics to solve different problems.
How to Apply for MBA in the USA
- Research: the first step should be to research the different courses offered across the US business schools and choose which one is the best for you. Business schools across the USA provide many business courses, and you need to decide which one to pursue based on the preferred area of specialisation.
- The next thing is to send enquiries to at least 12-18 different B-schools before taking admission.
- Fill out Admission Forms: The next step is to fill out admission forms for those universities that are often available online. You should also make sure to keep a copy of the form with you.
Eligibility Criteria for Pursuing MBA in the USA
The basic requirements for pursuing MBA in the USA are:
- At least 16 years of education, i.e. having passed 10+2 education and a four years bachelor degree. People with a masters degree can also apply for MBA.
- GMAT score of over 600.
- Proof of English proficiency means you need to take TOEFL/IELTS.
- Many universities prefer students with ⅔ years of work experience.
- As an international student applying for MBA in the USA, you need to have a valid USA Student Visa.
Pursuing an MBA program in the USA is a great opportunity and addition to your profile. Although the costs of pursuing are high, it is worth it as you will get better job opportunities with hefty payments than in other countries.
MBA programs in the USA will also provide you with flexibility in pursuing jobs or opening up your own business. Thus, if you want to pursue an MBA degree, seeking it in the USA would be your perfect option.